"Creole Cognac Shrimp `n Grits “Panderina” ™
- 8 cups of Grits (your brand choice). Follow cooking times per directions. Quick Grits cook about 5-7 minutes. Standard Cooking/Stone Ground 25-30 minutes. Add more grits to this recipe for your desired extra thickness & flavor. *(adjust portion measurements as needed)*
- ½ tsp. Panderina Soumas’ Creole Explosion Seasoning Mix™ *(add a little at a time to taste)
- 3 4 small pieces of Pork Belly or Bacon end pieces
- 3- 4 Garlic cloves
- 2-4 of Infusion Blends Cognac Gourmet Butter (divide between boiling and adding to grits)
- 8 – 10 cups of Shrimp Stock or Chicken Stock
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream (add more as grits thicken for your taste & texture)
- ½ lb of Large Shrimp (more if you want / or serving more people) – 6-8 Shrimp per plate serving.
- 1 can of Cream of Shrimp [ ½ can for grits while cooking / ½ can for
- 2-3 cups of Assorted grated Cheeses (your brand choice) for this recipe I’m using Sharp Cheddar and Pepper Jack- 1 cup of each, but adjust according to taste of cheese flavor.
- A few pieces (2-3) of Andouille Sausage *(Optional for taste & presentation)*
- A few dashes of Creole Cuisine “Looweezeeanna” `Peppa’-Sawce™ * (optional to taste)
Bring Shrimp or Chicken Stock, pieces of Pork Belly or Bacon end pieces, Garlic cloves & 2 tsp. of Infusion Blends Cognac Gourmet Butter to a high rolling boil. After boiling time! Remove Pork Belly/Bacon Pieces and garlic from stock. Slowly add grits and a *small sprinkle* of Panderina Soumas’ Creole Explosion Seasoning Mix™ * and 2 tsp. of Infusion Blends Cognac Gourmet Butter, whisking as you add grits. Once Grits start to thicken, add ½ cheeses, ½ can of Cream of Shrimp, and a small amount of Heavy Cream. Turn grits down to a medium simmer, BUT WATCH THEM! In a separate skillet, sauté your Shrimp & Sausage (sausage is optional only) in a small amount of Infusion Blends Cognac Gourmet Butter until done. Set aside to drain.
Check / whisking grits, check for your desired thickness with cheese, heavy cream & Infusion Blends Cognac Gourmet Butter. Add more Panderina Soumas’ Creole Explosion Seasoning Mix™ * for optional taste!*
Creamy Creole Shrimp Roux Sauce
In that same skillet you Saute’d the shrimp in. Prepare a dark roux or use a pre-made roux or heavy gravy mix. Whisk to keep it smooth. Add other ½ of Cream of shrimp. Whisk well until smooth.
Time to Plate & Eat
In a large bowl – Add a small spoonful of the Shrimp Roux Sauce at the bottom of the bowl. Then place a portion size of the grits on top. Place sautéed Shrimp / sausage on top. Spoon on more Shrimp Roux Sauce on top of Shrimp/Sausage. Sprinkle/incorporate more cheese and Infusion Blends Cognac Gourmet Butter to desired taste and thickness of grits Shrimp Roux Sauce. Garnish with chopped green onion. For a spicy kick! Add a few shakes of Creole Cuisine “Looweezeeanna” `Peppa’-Sawce™ *
Creole Cuisine “Looweezeeanna” `Peppa’-Sawce™
Panderina Soumas’ Creole Explosion Seasoning Mix™
Executive Chef Panderina Soumas